Wednesday, Jan 28, 2015
Is it possible that when you cut unemployment benefits, you motivate people to go out and get a job? Are anti-smoking fanatics determined to lump e-cigarettes with real cigarettes? And, the Male/Female Hour.Listen Now »
Cited on the Show
Lee Habeeb’s newest NRO article.
- Enlightened Environmentalist Lives in House Kept at 45 degreesMonday, Jan 26, 2015
- Henninger: Obama’s Smugness Tough to TakeThursday, Jan 22, 2015
- Friedman: Call It What It isWednesday, Jan 21, 2015
Authors & Experts
Dennis talks to Judith Flanders, renowned historian of the Victorian Era. She writes for the Daily Telegraph, Guardian, Spectator, and the Times Literary Supplement. Her new book is The Victorian City: Everyday Life in Dickens’ London.
- Bunker – An Empire on the Edge: How Britain Came to Fight AmericaThursday, Jan 15, 2015
- DiSalvo – Government against Itself: Public Union Power and Its ConsequencesTuesday, Jan 13, 2015
- Roberts – Napoleon: A LifeMonday, Jan 12, 2015
I spent Thanksgiving debating at the Oxford Union. Oxford University is the most prestigious university in the world. And the Oxford Union, hosting debates since 1823, is the world’s most prestigious stage for competing ideas. These facts made what transpired all the more depressing. The proposition debated was: “Hamas is a greater obstacle to peace than Israel.” When first apprised of the topic, I was so certain that an error had been made that I called both my debating partner, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, and Oxford to confirm it. Outside of the Muslim world and the far left,...
More than anything else, Dennis loves teaching Torah - the Five Books of Moses of the Hebrew Bible. Whatever your faith, or even if you have none, you will experience through these courses the true power of this enduring text - the most important words ever written.