Thursday, Aug 28, 2014
Do you really want a Democrat in charge of national security from 2016 to 2020? Why are gasoline taxes going up in California again? And, if you say or write the word “burly” are you a racist?Listen Now »
Cited on the Show
This very intelligent piece explains a lot. Why is the world’s media obsessed with Israel? And why is it so critical of the Jewish state?
- Germans Paying Very Steep Price for Green Energy PlansWednesday, Aug 27, 2014
- President to Work around Senate to Get International Global Warming PactWednesday, Aug 27, 2014
- Vermont Restaurant Removes Bacon Sign After Muslim ComplainsTuesday, Aug 26, 2014
Authors & Experts
Dennis talks to Richard Epstein, Professor of Law at the University of Chicago. His new book is The Classical Liberal Constitution: The Uncertain Quest for Limited Government.
- Halper – Clinton, Inc.: The Audacious Rebuilding of a Political MachineTuesday, Aug 19, 2014
- Davis – Lone Star America: How Texas Can Save Our CountryMonday, Aug 18, 2014
- Berg – Behind the Curtain: An Insider’s View of Jay Leno’s Tonight ShowThursday, Aug 14, 2014
My father, Max Prager, died last week. Here are some thoughts on the death of a parent. 1. Longevity Parents who live long are very lucky. Not only for their longevity, and not only because they get to see their children grow into adulthood, and not only because they may see grandchildren, but for all those extra years to reconcile with their children. Had my father died when I was a teenager, we would not have had the decades since then to get closer. 2. Age at death My father was born on July 18, 1918 and died on August 16, 2014. He was 96. When people are told that someone’s parent...
More than anything else, Dennis loves teaching Torah - the Five Books of Moses of the Hebrew Bible. Whatever your faith, or even if you have none, you will experience through these courses the true power of this enduring text - the most important words ever written.