Monday, Jul 28, 2014
Does Israel have the right to defend itself? Does the United States have the right to define its borders? And, is there really any doubt that Hillary is going to run?Listen Now »
Cited on the Show
Teachers are absolutely critical to educational success of our children, but teachers unions are a huge obstacle to that success. How to resolve this perenniel problem? Terry Moe, Professor of Political Science at Stanford University, and an expert on this issue, elucidates the issue and offers solutions. See it here.
- Israeli Ambassador Dermer on CNN’s ‘Erin Burnett OutFront’Friday, Jul 25, 2014
- Poverty Doesn’t Cause CrimeThursday, Jul 24, 2014
- No Sex SpreadsheetWednesday, Jul 23, 2014
Authors & Experts
Dennis talks to Ed Klein, former editor of the New York Times Magazine. His new book, a NYT #1 Best Seller, is Blood Feud: The Clintons vs. the Obamas.
- Bryce – Smaller Faster Lighter Denser Cheaper: How Innovation Keeps Proving the Catastrophists WrongWednesday, Jul 23, 2014
- Meyer – Darwin’s DoubtTuesday, Jul 22, 2014
- Gall – The Wrong Enemy: America in Afghanistan, 2001-2014Thursday, Jul 17, 2014
When I was a graduate student at Columbia University’s Russian Institute, there was a great debate: Was the communist Soviet Union an organic Russian development or was it largely a cancer imposed on it? Those who held the organic view argued that the change from czar to commissar was only one of degree. Both were tyrannies, the latter more tyrannical than the former. I agreed with the second view, that communism was something radically new, not a logical, let alone inevitable, Russian path. The czars were autocrats, not genocidal totalitarians. I have to admit that in recent years, I...
More than anything else, Dennis loves teaching Torah - the Five Books of Moses of the Hebrew Bible. Whatever your faith, or even if you have none, you will experience through these courses the true power of this enduring text - the most important words ever written.